What is the purpose of our Data Protection Policy?
Our company Maison Berger Paris would like to remind you of its commitment to respect the trust you place in it and to apply the regulations in force in France and in the European Union concerning the protection of personal data and respect for your privacy in accordance with French law 78-17 of 6 January 1978, as amended, relating to information technology, files and liberties and the General Regulation on Data Protection (EU) 2016/679 (hereafter referred to as "RGPD").
The purpose of this Personal Data Protection Policy is to inform you of the conditions under which Maison Berger Paris, in its capacity as data controller, processes your personal data. It completes the information brought to your attention when you communicate your data to us in shop and/or by filling out a form, for example when creating a customer account on our website maison-berger.fr or directly in shop.
This Policy applies to data collected in shop, by mail or by telephone when you contact our customer service, as well as when you use our website. These are rules relating to the personal data of all our customers and prospects, regardless of the channel through which this data is collected.
It is accessible to all and at all times from our site "maison-berger.co.uk".
We invite you to read it carefully and to refer to it regularly.
What data is processed?
We may process the following categories of personal data:
- Data relating to your identity: title, surname, first name, date of birth, etc...
- Contact data: postal address, telephone number, e-mail address...
- Financial data: information related to means of payment .
- Commercial data: customer number, purchase history, information relating to your customer account...
- Declarative data: your answers to questionnaires to help you choose products, opinions on our products...
- Technical data: connection data, browsing history, login and password to your customer account
You will be informed at the time of collection whether the provision of your data is compulsory or optional. Failure to provide information that is indicated as compulsory will prevent us from fulfilling your request. For example, your delivery address is necessary to deliver your order. The optional data that you communicate to us enables us to get to know you better and to improve our services and our communication for your benefit.
Why do we process your data?
For each processing operation, we collect and use only the data that is relevant and necessary for the purpose for which we request it:
- Fulfilment of a contract with you: Recording and executing your orders, providing you with the services to which you subscribe, handling your requests and complaints, providing after-sales service ;
- Legitimate interests of our company: to manage and improve customer relations, to improve your experience when you use our Website, to carry out statistical analysis, to ensure the management and publication of customer notices on our products, to prevent abuse and fraud, to inform you of new services or changes to our sites, and always taking care to respect your rights and interests;
- Direct marketing operations: on the basis of your express consent, to carry out direct marketing operations and to offer you offers adapted to your needs, to send you communications and commercial offers, to carry out promotional games and competitions, to carry out satisfaction surveys;
- Your data is also used to enable us to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations.
The duration of the processing of your personal data depends on the purpose for which they are used:
- Performance of a contract: for the duration of the contract and until the end of the statute of limitations applicable to civil and commercial actions (currently 5 years),
- Legitimate interests of the company: for a period of 3 years from their collection,
- Direct marketing operation: for the duration of your consent.
Will you receive commercial offers?
In accordance with the choices you have made, we may use your details to send you commercial requests, in particular by e-mail or post.
Offers by e-mail :
In the event that you have provided us with your data in connection with an order or the creation of a customer account and subject to your consent, we may send you offers for our products and services.
You remain free to object, free of charge and at any time, to receiving these offers by clicking on the unsubscribe link included in each e-mail, or by going to your customer account on our Website, or by contacting our customer service department.
Offers by post :
Subject to your consent, we may send you commercial communications by postal mail to provide you with offers for our products and services. You are free to refuse to receive these offers at any time, free of charge, by logging into your customer account on our Website or by contacting our customer service department.
Who is your data intended for?
The recipients of the personal data are, within the framework of the purposes set out above: the duly authorised personnel of Maison Berger Paris, and subcontractors involved in the realisation of the purposes described above.
The data may also be transmitted to the competent authorities, at their request, or in order to comply with other legal obligations.
How do we ensure the security of your data?
We are committed to ensuring the security and confidentiality of your personal data by implementing appropriate technical and organisational measures to prevent their loss, accidental destruction, misuse and unauthorised access.
Are your data processed outside the EU?
The personal data that we collect on our Site or in shops is stored within the European Union.
We may transfer your data to a country outside the European Union. In such a case, we will ensure that the processing carried out complies with a level of protection of personal data corresponding to that required by the regulations and will inform us of the existence or absence of an adequacy decision issued by the European Commission. In the event of a transfer to a country that does not have an adequacy decision, you will be informed of the reference to the appropriate or adequate safeguards in the context of which the transfer is carried out and the means of obtaining a copy of them or the place where they have been made available.
What are your rights?
In accordance with the applicable regulations, you have various rights that you can exercise at any time:
- You have a right of access, a right of rectification, a right to erase data concerning you, as well as the right to request the portability of the data you have provided us with;
- You have the right to object on legitimate grounds to the processing of your data, or to ask for the limitation of such processing; it should be noted that a limitation of processing could result in the impossibility of performing a contract or service;
- You also have the right to object, free of charge, at any time and without giving reasons, to the processing of your data for direct marketing purposes, as well as to profiling when this is carried out for the same purpose.
How to exercise your rights?
To exercise any of your rights, simply contact us, providing proof of your identity.
- by e-mail: email@example.com
- by phone : 01702200639
- by post : MAISON BERGER PARIS, Customer Service, Route d'Elbeuf, 27520 BOURGTHEROULDE INFREVILLE
We will respond to your request within a maximum of one month from receipt of your complete application.
We undertake to make every effort to respect your rights with regard to your personal data. If, however, you consider that these rights have not been respected, you may lodge a complaint with the Commission Nationale de l'Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL), the supervisory authority whose mission is to ensure compliance in France with the Regulations applicable to the processing of personal data: www.cnil.fr.
MORE ABOUT COOKIES
This section Cookies enables you to find out more about the origin and use of navigation information processed when you access the maison-berger.fr website and through one of our advertising content. This section also informs you of your rights. This Policy is therefore important for you, who wish to have a positive and confident experience of our offers and services, and for us, who wish to answer your questions about the use of your collected navigation data accurately and completely. Generally, the use of your navigational data is done with your prior consent, unless such use is strictly necessary for the provision of a service you have requested.
A cookie is a sequence of information that may be transmitted to your browser by a website to which you connect. Your browser will store it for a maximum of 13 months, and will send it back to the web server each time you reconnect to it.
When consulting our site and/or a third party site broadcasting our advertising content, information relating to the navigation of your device (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) may be recorded.
In addition, cookies may be included in the advertising spaces on our site. These advertising spaces display on your device advertising content from third party advertisers. These spaces contribute to the financing of the content and services that we make available to you.
Only the sender of a cookie is likely to read or modify the information contained therein.
WHAT ARE THE COOKIES ISSUED ON THIS SITE USED FOR?
Subject to your choices regarding Cookies, this section describes the purposes for which they are issued when you connect to our Site.
The Cookies We issue allow us to :
- to establish statistics and volumes of frequentation and use of the various elements making up our Site (sections and content visited, paths), enabling Us to improve the interest and ergonomics of our services;
- to adapt the presentation of our Site to the display preferences of your terminal (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.) during your visits to our Site, depending on the hardware and the viewing or reading software that your terminal contains;
- to store information relating to a form you have filled in on our Site (registration or access to your account) or to products, services or information you have chosen on our Site (subscribed service, contents of an order basket, etc.) ;
- to allow you to access reserved and personal areas of our site, such as your account, thanks to identifiers or data that you may have previously entrusted to us;
- to implement security measures, for example when you are asked to log back in to a content or service after a certain period of time.
Cookies issued on our Site by third parties.
As a result of third party applications integrated into our site
We may include, on our Site, computer applications from third parties that allow you to share content from our Site with others or to let others know your consultation or opinion about content on our Site. This is notably the case of "Share", "Like" buttons from social networks such as "Facebook", "Twitter", "Instagram", etc.
The social network providing such an application button is likely to identify you through this button, even if you did not use this button when you visited our site. Indeed, this type of application button may allow the relevant social network to track your browsing on our Site, simply because your account with the relevant social network was activated on your device (open session) while you were browsing on our Site.
We have no control over the process used by social networks to collect information relating to your browsing on our site and associated with the personal data they have in their possession. We invite you to consult the privacy protection policies of these social networks in order to be aware of the purposes of use, including advertising, of the navigation information they may collect through these application buttons. These protection policies must notably allow you to exercise your choices with these social networks, notably by setting up your user accounts for each of these networks.
Via third party content in our advertising space
The advertising content (graphics, animations, videos, etc.) displayed in our advertising spaces may contain Cookies issued by third parties: either the advertiser that created the advertising content in question, or a company that is a third party to the advertiser (communication consulting agency, audience measurement company, targeted advertising service provider, etc.), which has associated a Cookie with an advertiser's advertising content.
Where applicable, cookies issued by these third parties may allow them, during the period of validity of these cookies :
- to count the number of displays of the advertising content disseminated via our advertising spaces, to identify the advertisements thus displayed, the number of users having clicked on each advertisement, enabling them to calculate the sums due as a result and to draw up statistics ;
- to recognise your device during its subsequent browsing on any other site or service on which these advertisers or third parties also issue cookies and, if necessary, to adapt these third party sites and services or the advertisements they broadcast to the browsing of your device of which they may be aware.
Your choices regarding cookies
a) The Cookie Agreement
The recording of a cookie in a terminal is essentially subject to the will of the user of the Terminal, which the latter may express and modify at any time and free of charge through the choices offered by his navigation software.
If you have accepted in your browser software the recording of cookies in your Terminal, the cookies integrated in the pages and content that you have consulted may be stored temporarily in a dedicated area of your Terminal. They can only be read by their transmitter.
b) Refusal of Cookies
If you refuse to save cookies in your terminal, or if you delete those saved in your terminal, you will no longer be able to benefit from a certain number of functionalities that are nevertheless necessary to navigate in certain areas of our Site. This would be the case if you tried to access our content or services that require you to identify yourself. This would also be the case if we - or our service providers - could not recognise, for technical compatibility purposes, the type of browser used by your terminal, its language and display parameters or the country from which your terminal appears to be connected to the Internet.
Where applicable, we decline all responsibility for the consequences linked to the degraded functioning of our services resulting from the impossibility for us to record or consult the cookies necessary for their functioning and which you have refused or deleted.
c) How do you exercise your choices, depending on the browser you are using?
You can choose at any time to express and modify your wishes regarding cookies, by the means described below.
The choices offered to you by your browser software.
You can configure your navigation software so that cookies are saved in your device or, on the contrary, that they are rejected, either systematically or according to their transmitter. You can also configure your browser software so that the acceptance or rejection of cookies is offered to you from time to time, before a cookie is likely to be stored on your device.
The configuration of each browser is different for managing cookies and your choices. It is described in the help menu of your browser, which will enable you to find out how to modify your cookie preferences.
Note that this procedure will not prevent the display of advertisements on your terminal. It will only block those technologies that allow you to adapt advertisements to your browsing habits and interests.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE COOKIES ACCOMPANYING OUR ADVERTISING CONTENT DISSEMINATED BY THIRD PARTIES?
When you access a site/application containing advertising spaces broadcasting one of our advertisements, this advertisement may contain a cookie. This cookie is likely, subject to your choices, to be saved in your terminal and to enable us to recognise your terminal's browser during the period of validity of the cookie concerned.
The cookies that we issue allow us, if your terminal has allowed them to be saved, according to your choices:
- to count the number of displays and activations of our advertising content broadcast on third party sites/applications, to identify this content and these sites/applications, to determine the number of users who have clicked on each content;
- to calculate the sums due to the players in the advertising distribution chain (communication agency, advertising sales house, site/distribution medium) and to draw up statistics;
- to adapt the presentation of the [site/application] to which one of our advertising content leads;
- according to the display preferences of your terminal (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.) during your visits to our Site and according to the hardware and software used for viewing or reading your terminal;
- according to the location data (longitude and latitude) transmitted to us (or to our service providers) by your terminal with your prior agreement.
WHAT IS THE INTEREST OF SEEING ADVERTISEMENTS ADAPTED TO YOUR NAVIGATION?
Our objective is to present you the most relevant advertisements possible. To this end, cookie technology allows us to determine in real time which ad to display on a device, based on its recent browsing on one or more sites or applications.
Your interest in the advertising content that is displayed on your device when you visit a Site often determines the advertising resources on your device that enable it to operate its services, which are often provided to users free of charge. You may prefer to see advertisements that are relevant to your interests rather than advertisements that are not relevant to you. Likewise, advertisers who wish to see their ads displayed are interested in displaying their offers to users who are likely to be most interested in them.
PERSONAL DATA AND NAVIGATION INFORMATION
We are likely to adapt the offers and advertisements intended for you to information relating to the navigation of your device on our site or within sites or services published by third parties and on which we issue cookies.
Insofar as you have provided us with personal data concerning you, in particular your electronic contact details, when you register or access one of our services, we are likely, subject to your choices, to associate browsing information relating to your device, processed by the cookies we issue, with your personal data in order to send you, for example, electronic prospecting or to display on your device, within advertising spaces containing the cookies we issue, personalised advertising that is specifically intended for you and which is likely to be of personal interest to you.
You may at any time ask us to stop receiving advertising or canvassing adapted to the browsing information on your device, by contacting us directly and free of charge, or by means of the unsubscribe link included in any canvassing that we may send you by e-mail. Where applicable, the advertisements that you may continue to receive, unless you object to them by contacting us, will no longer be adapted to the navigation of your device.